Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year: "Want To"


“Serve the Lord with GLADNESS.

ENTER His presence with joyful songs.”

Psalm 100:2


Sometimes all I can do is “want to”.
I don’t know what I am to do for Him.
I don’t know how I am to serve Him that day.
Sometimes, I don’t even know what verse to read or where to turn I my Bible.

I just know that I "WANT TO" serve Him.

I KNOW He is with me.
I KNOW He is on His throne.

This world is so full of noise and distractions that my mind gets cluttered and distracted.  I have to sit and just be still; trying to hear His voice.

My greatest desire is to finish strong. 

My greatest desire is to enter His kingdom and hear Him say, “Well done, Lisa.  You served me and did all that I asked.”

What is He asking of me today?

I will put on my “service goggles” and try to see the world as He does. 

But if I don’t heal or help, give or gift, provide or promote…

…I will serve him with GLADNESS!

I will speak kind words to others.  I will walk and talk with a smile on my face.  I will carry a joyful song in my heart and carry His praise with me.

I will ENTER His presence today…here on earth!

Will you choose to spend your day with Him?

“Serve the Lord with gladness.
 Enter His presence with joyful songs.”
 Psalm 100:2

No comments:

Post a Comment